I'll respond to your suggestions one by one.
1. There is actually a Feature Request for this already
, for the editor component at least. I did some initial work on it but never completed it. The actual changes would mostly be in the editor component itself; RText would just come with the spell checker bundled (I believe I tested with Jazzy
). Things get a little trickier when spell-checking source code. I think for source the spell checker should be "smart" and only spell check comments. I could look into this more after the next release (which should hopefully be soon).
2. I once explored this as well, as I think it's a really cool feature, and would help RText stand out. I had things mostly working but ran into some difficulties - RSyntaxTextArea, the text component, inherits from the Swing text package, which in no way pretends to support block selection, and thus makes things difficult (code in the Swing library specifically assumes that the selection is not
block selection, and you have to work around that). This would take more work than #1, and I might need people to beta test before I felt comfortable releasing it (any takers?).
3. This could certainly be added. I've added a Feature Request
so I don't forget about it.
4. Please add a Feature Request to RSyntaxTextArea
for any languages you'd like to see added. Languages added to RSTA automatically get supported in RText.
5. This is a good suggestion, I will look into it.
6. Just to be sure I understand you - do you mean you'd like to be able to select a range of lines (or the entire document) and sort them based on a column of your choosing? If so, that should be easy enough to add. Let me know if this is what you mean and I can add a Feature Request for it (my memory is faulty in my old age