JavaScript support for Java classes/objects code completion

Questions on using RSyntaxTextArea should go here.

Moderator: robert

JavaScript support for Java classes/objects code completion

Postby diby » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi all,
I'm currently making a game in Java and intend to distribute a map editor to my designers. This map editor will also include the RSyntaxTextArea text editor for JavaScript editing, thus implementing easy scripting to my game through Rhino. I can get the JavaScript language support to work, but this only allows syntax and auto-completion of basic JavaScript operations. I need code-completion of java classes or objects.

1. Is it possible (with the current source-code or little tweaking) to add support for code completion for Java classes within the JavaScript syntax?

2. Is it possible to have code completion for objects only within the Rhino engine context?

Thanks, diby.
diby

Re: JavaScript support for Java classes/objects code complet

Postby robert » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 am

Hi Diby,

Excellent questions! The guy who's done most of the dirty work for JavaScript code completion doesn't monitor this forum, so I'll ping him and see what he says. I know his primary goal was code completion for his server-side JS work.

Personally, I'd like the code completion to go as far as support for Dojo and other frameworks that embrace AMD, but I have yet to see an editor do that well. :) But basic JS class support would be an excellent addition indeed.
robert

Return to Help