Error using sample auto complete xml files

Questions on using RSyntaxTextArea should go here.

Moderator: robert

Error using sample auto complete xml files

Postby Kuriel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Robert,

I just checked out the completion xml files and tried passing them through loadFromXML. I get the error message:

Code: Select all
java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 19; Document root element "api", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
   at org.fife.ui.autocomplete.DefaultCompletionProvider.loadFromXML(DefaultCompletionProvider.java:333)
   at org.fife.ui.autocomplete.DefaultCompletionProvider.loadFromXML(DefaultCompletionProvider.java:296)
   at org.fife.ui.autocomplete.DefaultCompletionProvider.loadFromXML(DefaultCompletionProvider.java:281)
   at standalone.testing.Test.createMapToolCompletionProvider(Test.java:757)
   at standalone.testing.Test.<init>(Test.java:136)
   at standalone.testing.Test.main(Test.java:827)

Are the xml files only suited for the language support project?

Last edited by Kuriel on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuriel

Re: Error using sample auto complete xml files

Postby robert » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:12 pm

You mean one of the files c.xml, html.xml, jsp.xml, perl5.xml, php.xml, or sh.xml? They should all work fine. From your error message, it appears that the library cannot find CompletionXml.dtd, which is used to validate the structure of the XML files. Are you including the sister AutoComplete project on your classpath when running?
robert

Postby Kuriel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 am

I tried them all :lol: Yes, I'm sure I did include it, but I'll go over it again and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info :)
Kuriel

Postby Kuriel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Edit: I got it fixed. Maybe it's my environment (I'm on jdk1.7u25). Anyway I inserted a DOCTYPE declaration i.e. <!DOCTYPE root element SYSYEM "Completion.dtd"> to get things going.

Thanks.

Edit #2: Sigh. Sorry for causing confusion. I have this chrome extension to view XML files contents and it has this banner that covered the first elements. Funny thing was, there's a toggle to hide the banner; the buggy program also hid what it covered when it disappears; hence the pain :roll:
Kuriel

Return to Help