4 points to RSyntaxTextArea-demo

General Discussion on RSyntaxTextArea.

Moderator: robert

4 points to RSyntaxTextArea-demo

Postby theuserbl » Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 am

Hi I have downloaded RSyntaxTeaxtArea-Demo 2.0.7.
Four poits about it:

1. Nice that RSTA have now Visual Basic support. But sadly in the demo it isn't.
So I have added a modified version of your VisualBasicExample.txt, to see it:
[ rsyntaxtextarea_demo-2.0.7-1.jar ]

2. Sadly for VisuslBasic and Ruby don't existing Code Folding. Will it be added in the future?

3. The theme after the start is not the same like the "Default" theme. (other caret color, "true" and "false" have other colors and something like "text#otherText" is different colored)

4. The menu option "Animated Bracket Matching" seems to be the reverse of that, what there stand.
After the start, the bracket-matching is animated. If I deselect the option in the menu, it is still animated. But if I then select "Animated Bracket Matching" again, the bracket-matching is not animated.

Greatings
theuserbl
theuserbl

Re: 4 points to RSyntaxTextArea-demo

Postby robert » Sat May 04, 2013 3:32 am

theuserbl wrote:Hi I have downloaded RSyntaxTeaxtArea-Demo 2.0.7.
1. Nice that RSTA have now Visual Basic support. But sadly in the demo it isn't.
So I have added a modified version of your VisualBasicExample.txt, to see it:
[ rsyntaxtextarea_demo-2.0.7-1.jar ]

Very cool, but I try to keep the demo jar reasonably small (currently it's ~ 560k) for those with horrible internet connections, so the demo doesn't include most of the built-in TokenMakers on purpose.

2. Sadly for VisuslBasic and Ruby don't existing Code Folding. Will it be added in the future?

I don't use those languages enough to really feel comfortable implementing code folding for them. But contributions are welcome!

3. The theme after the start is not the same like the "Default" theme. (other caret color, "true" and "false" have other colors and something like "text#otherText" is different colored)

I just uploaded a 2.0.7 version of the demo applet (it was horribly outdated) and this is mostly fixed; the only difference I can see between RSTA's built-in default (what you see when the applet first starts) and the "demo" theme (i.e. the menu item) now is the error token coloring (such as "text#otherText" when editing Java). This was an oversight that will get corrected eventually.

4. The menu option "Animated Bracket Matching" seems to be the reverse of that, what there stand.
After the start, the bracket-matching is animated. If I deselect the option in the menu, it is still animated. But if I then select "Animated Bracket Matching" again, the bracket-matching is not animated.

This is now fixed with the updated applet, thanks!
robert

Return to Open Discussion