TokenMakerMaker

General Discussion goes here.

Moderator: robert

TokenMakerMaker

Postby groggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

I've downloaded the files via svn and then run ant. Now if I make my own token and click generate it prints in the output "Generate JFlex source " and thats all. It seems that it hangs but I dont no why... Could you help me?
groggy

Re: TokenMakerMaker

Postby robert » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Strange, is there no stack trace in the console? Errors should be caught and shown in the UI, but it's worth checking.

If not, try dropping it in Eclipse and setting a breakpoint in org.fife.tmm.GenerateAction.java, line 65. That's where the JFlex source generation starts. Step through and see where things fall apart.
robert

Postby groggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Actually I started it by double clicking on it but I will try it ...
groggy

Postby groggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm

I receive a nullpointerexception in thread "Awt-EventQuene-0"
groggy

Postby groggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:06 pm

The 'main' problem starts in GenerateAction.java line 69, goes the to TokenMakerInfo.createFlexFile line 157 and then to inputstreamreader<init> followed by reader<init>. Both of them have as "description" unknown source. Sorry but I can't copy the whole stacktrace cause I'm with my cell phone online ^^ the rest of the stack trace bellow GenerateAction is located in swing and awt so it shoul. Not be necessary . Hope I could help you :)
I could also find a bug : when you try to set the javac a little dropdown box opens like jcombobox with the path to javac.exe but if you try to change to another node in the tree at the left this jcombobox does not disappear
groggy

Postby groggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Forget it I fixed it ^^ but now I GET a new error: NameOfMyToken.java line 460 Token ist abstract, cannot be instantiated
return new Token();

It's not always this linenumber I guess. But it's always the method getTokenList()

I tried to fixed it but it seems that it has to do with JFlex and Im not a 'pro' in that:)

I get this error every single time I want to generate the token

Could it be that in previous versions of rsta the class token was not abstract and you changed this ?
groggy

Postby robert » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 pm

You're unlucky, and tried TMM just as I was changing RSTA's core rendering code. You'll need to pull the RSyntaxTextArea project from SVN, and use that when using TokenMakerMaker, and not the latest built (2.0.6) version from SourceForge.
robert

Postby groggy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 pm

You dont have a already build jar dont you? Its always too much work to download all these files ^^
groggy

Postby groggy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

So if I make my own token I have always to use the version from svn? Or can I use the one from SourceForge
groggy

Postby robert » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Typically, you can use older versions of rsyntaxtextarea.jar with TokenMakerMaker, but just recently I introduced a fairly large (internal) API change, that had the side effect of TMM requiring the latest RSyntaxTextArea from SVN. I didn't really see this as a problem, since if you've pulled TMM from SVN (the only way to get it), you're probably also pulling RSyntaxTextArea and its sister projects as well.

With the upcoming 2.0.7 release, I'm considering releasing a pre-built TokenMakerMaker along with RSTA, AutoComplete, etc. Although it's somewhat limited in features, I think it's a very useful tool that's probably often overlooked because it's not available as a simple download. But until then, it's available from the Subversion repository only.
robert

Next

Return to General