HexEditor topic in board missing and troubles with HexEditor

General Discussion goes here.

Moderator: robert

HexEditor topic in board missing and troubles with HexEditor

Postby PAX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi friends!

I'd like to use your HexEditor component within my application but I stuck on something...

I saw that you provide a method in the HexEditor for the registration of listeners who want to be notified if the content of the HexEditor has changed. It's my intention to display specific information if the user moves the caret or selects something. I cannot find any possibility to react on these events.

Do you have any advices to me, or is this feature planned?

Best regards

PAX
PAX

Re: HexEditor topic in board missing and troubles with HexEd

Postby PAX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 pm

I think this feature is important (at the latest in future).

I've created a patch and sent it to Robert Futrell. I hope I didn't violate any architecture conventions. I would be glad if we could find a solution for my problem, because I like your HexEditor component and I really need this feature (selection changed events).

Best regards

PAX
PAX

Postby PAX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 pm

PAX wrote:Hi friends!

I'd like to use your HexEditor component within my application but I stuck on something...

I saw that you provide a method in the HexEditor for the registration of listeners who want to be notified if the content of the HexEditor has changed. It's my intention to display specific information if the user moves the caret or selects something. I cannot find any possibility to react on these events.

Do you have any advices to me, or is this feature planned?

Best regards

PAX

I think this feature is important (at the latest in future).

I've created a patch and sent it to Robert Futrell. I hope I didn't violate any architecture conventions. I would be glad if we could find a solution for my problem, because I like your HexEditor component and I really need this feature (selection changed events).

Best regards

PAX
PAX

Postby robert » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:17 am

Thanks Pax! I just recently made a small bug fix to HexEditor, after a long hiatus from that code, myself. I'll take a look at the patch you sent in and post an update.
robert

Return to General