WizardPlugin

Questions on using RText should go here.

Moderator: robert

WizardPlugin

Postby groggy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 pm

While I was woeking on fife.common(added some basic new features) I got a cool idea for a plugin for rtext. So I decided to write that one first, cause it would not take much time. But I have no idea how to use the wizard plugin.
Could you give me a small example or hints? Cause i ve created a sibclass of wizardplugin and a wizardinfopanel that only contains a jbutton for test runs. In the createPanels method I initialize this panel and add it as return objecy in the getWelcomepage or how the method's name is.
also I added that panel by addInfoPanel.
in the install method I grab thw menu 'file' from the menubar and add a new jmenuitem to it containing a action that calla runWizard. But if I click on it, nothing happens.
Also is it possible that the wizard has no image at the left but on top like in eclipse?
Could you help me?
groggy

Re: WizardPlugin

Postby robert » Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm

The WizardPlugin stuff is abandoned, and I have no idea what state it was left in. If you work with it, then you're on your own!

Though in hindsight, I'm not sure whether a plugin type for wizards is the best design. It might be better if plugins could register any number of wizards with the application, instead of being a wizard itself.
robert

Postby groggy » Fri May 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh ok :)
but what do you meen with register any wizards with the application? It is not possible to handle more then one wizard with a wizard plugin? Or am i wrong?
groggy

Postby robert » Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 am

I mean that I don't think there should be a "WizardPlugin" class. There should have been a way to register wizards in AbstractGUIApplication, and any arbitrary Plugin could register 1 or more wizards with the application, if they desired to.
robert

Return to Help