Java Complete Code

General Discussion on RSyntaxTextArea.

Moderator: robert

Java Complete Code

Postby jschuler » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Good afternoon.
I wonder if the project CodeComplete is compatible with Java Programing Language?
If it is not, I wonder if it is possible to be implemented.
I'm looking for a long time for something easy to incorporate into my tool and has code assistant for Java.

Thank you.
jschuler

Re: Java Complete Code

Postby robert » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 pm

There is rudimentary code completion available, if you're willing to live with some limitations and pull code from SVN (there's no source zip available) To check it out, grab the RSTALanguageSupport project from Subversion here:

http://svn.fifesoft.com/svn/RSyntaxTextArea/

You can also read about its progress, and progress on code completion for other languages, in my blog.
robert

Postby jschuler » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm

We're testing the project and we think it will be of great value.
We must under which type of license will be made available RSTALanguageSupport if we used in our program who is now commercial distribution only.
Are there any restrictions? If so, we can acquire a license compatible with this type of use and / or contribute to the evolution of the code.
Hugs.
jschuler

Postby robert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 am

Just like RSyntaxTextArea itself, the language support is all under the LGPL, so if you're already using RSTA and are complying with the license, you shouldn't have any concerns using the RSTALanguageSupport either. :)

If you'd like to contribute, that'd be great. Sending patch files is probably the easiest thing to do. Feel free to email me to discuss further if you have specific changes in mind, or you can stick to these forums, especially for discussing general ideas, so the (albeit small) community can see what's going on and provide input as well.
robert

Return to Open Discussion