[Solved] Compiling RSTALanguageSupport

Questions on using RSyntaxTextArea should go here.

Moderator: robert

[Solved] Compiling RSTALanguageSupport

Postby LiquidBacon » Sat May 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Hey, your software is exactly what I need for my current project! :D ty so much for this.

I got everything to work so far, but RSTALanguageSupport. I'm getting the following errors while compiling:

... \RSTALanguageSupport\src\org\fife\rsta\ac\js\JavaScriptHelper.java:276: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to AstNode
... \RSTALanguageSupport\src\org\fife\rsta\ac\js\ast\parser\JavaScriptAstParser.java:322: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to CatchClause
... \RSTALanguageSupport\src\org\fife\rsta\ac\js\resolver\JSR223JavaScriptCompletionResolver.java:80: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to AstNode

I'm using ant and followed the instructions in the readme (compiling rsyntaxteaxtarea+autocomplete first ofc)
What am I doing wrong? :shock:
Last edited by LiquidBacon on Thu May 15, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiquidBacon

Re: Compiling RSTALanguageSupport

Postby robert » Tue May 13, 2014 3:03 am

Are you compiling with Java 5? Are you compiling the master branch?

Are you compiling the latest from Git or a specific release? It should work in either case, but I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem is.
robert

Re: [Solved] Compiling RSTALanguageSupport

Postby LiquidBacon » Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 am

The problem was, that ant was still using java 7 though having java 5 installed and telling it to use java 5 in the build.xml..
Again thank you vm! :]

One quick last question though:
If I'm not mistaken, the parser handles syntax errors in the rsyntaxtextarea by throwing exceptions. This is very impractical, because I do have a console-like window in my app, which picks anything it gets from the stdout-stream, thus printing every rstalanguagesupport-exception. Is there already a way to consume said syntax errors silently?
If not, Ill look myself what I can do about it. ;P
LiquidBacon

Return to Help