[BUG] Enabled CUT/DELETE menu items on edit-disabled areas

Questions on using RSyntaxTextArea should go here.

Moderator: robert

[BUG] Enabled CUT/DELETE menu items on edit-disabled areas

Postby Rymek » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 am

Sorry for weird topic name, but couldn't fit whole description in it :) Anyway...

When RSyntaxTextArea is disabled for edit, popup menu options for CUT and DELETE are enabled (screen below). Don't know if it's a bug or enhancement request ;) I think the popup menu should be consistent with what can you do in the area :) I would wote for removal of the CUT and DELETE for disabled text areas, cause it doesn't make much sense to put it there if you can't use it ;)

You have to believe me that the RSyntaxtTextArea on the screen is disabled for edit ;)
Rymek

Re: [BUG] Enabled CUT/DELETE menu items on edit-disabled are

Postby robert » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Good point, thanks. I'll see if I can fix it in the next release. Note that cut, paste, and delete should be non-functional even though they are enabled, so we're not completely broken. We just could be a little more explicit about what you cannot do.
robert

Postby Rymek » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:46 am

They are not functional, ofcourse :) But the point is they're there. Not a major bug but I'm a perfectionist... :)
Rymek

Postby robert » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:37 pm

This was just pushed to SVN in revision 677. Grab it from there if you want to test it out. It will be in the 2.0.5 release.
robert

Return to Help