I just made DynamicIntArray serializable in SVN
, so feel free to give it another try. Unfortunately, when I tried making RSTA serializable in the past, I ran into problems (can't remember the details) and ended up giving up. This still isn't entirely done, as there are other classes that will have to be made Serializable for this to work, such as Token and its subclasses. If you'd like to contribute a patch to make RSyntaxDocument serializable, I'd love to have it!
I added a tracker
for this so I don't forget it.
As a workaround, you could try sending over just the Content of the Document (in this case, an RGapContent), which should be a functional Serializable object. Looks like you'd have to subclass RSyntaxDocument and make the getContent() method (defined in AbstractDocument) public to make this approach easy.