Switching off spellchecking?

Questions on using RSyntaxTextArea should go here.

Moderator: robert

Switching off spellchecking?

Postby hubersn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:14 pm

I am currently playing around with the new spellchecking feature. I have rolled my own SpellingParser to interface our current spellchecker to RSyntaxTextArea.

Everything works fine so far - it actually spellchecks and the new focusable tooltip is really great to show the suggestions (and for many other usages I am already envisaging!).

However, I would like to be able to switch off spellchecking. I have tried to remove the parser, but that does not work. I have had a look at the code, and one solution would be to do an actionPerformed() on the ParserManager. However, this would restart all registered parsers, and ParserManager is currently not visible from RSyntaxTextArea.

Am I missing something?

A simple, but ugly workaround is to get/set the text again of course, but that does not really fit into the whole nicely-designed RSyntaxTextArea concept!

Greets,
hubersn
hubersn

Re: Switching off spellchecking?

Postby robert » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Yeah, that's the problem with working with alpha software. :D I'll make it so removing a Parser removes any notices it made as well.

Thanks for digging into this so early! Your feedback will surely be valuable in making the API usable.
robert

Postby robert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Grab the latest from Subversion and try it now. I haven't tested it very much but it seems to be working in the SpellingParserDemo.
robert

Postby hubersn » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Works fine for me - thanks a lot. New focusable tooltips with the suggestion replacement mechanism work fine, too, and were very easily integrated. Well done!

Greets,
hubersn
hubersn

Return to Help