I’ve finally gotten around to adding regular expression content assist (aka AutoCompletion) to the RText search dialogs. This of course takes advantage of the AutoComplete library I’ve blogged about previously. There was a sticky issue with window focus, but I’ve managed to fix that up.
The functionality is similar to that found in Eclipse. When the “Regular Expressions” checkbox is checked, a little light bulb icon is displayed beside the “Find” or “Replace” text fields whenever they are focused. This means you can hit Ctrl+Space and get a list of regex constructs available at the current caret position:
In other news, AutoComplete has been improved to better support right-to-left languages, such as Arabic. It detects if the text component it’s installed on has an RTL ComponentOrientation; if it does, the completion popup and optional description window will also be RTL.