RSyntaxTextArea 2.0.4 was just released! Grab it either from SourceForge or SVN (see also web viewer, javadoc). This release updates RSTA as well as the sister projects AutoComplete, RSTALanguageSupport, and SpellChecker, and adds yet another sister project: RSTAUI! Here’s the complete list of what’s new:
- Updated translations: Chinese (peter_barnes), Russian (Nadiya), Polish (Chris), Spanish (Leonardo), Brazilian Portuguese (Pat), and Korean (Changkyoon).
- Removed superfluous build warnings from projects when building with Ant 1.8+ (includeantruntime).
- HTML, JSP, and PHP syntax highlighting now also highlight embedded CSS.
- Background color highlighting for “secondary” languages (such as CSS and JS in HTML, JSP, and PHP).
- Added code folding for Lisp and Clojure.
- Minor Clojure syntax highlighting updates.
- Changed default font to Consolas on Windows Vista and 7.
- Decreased memory usage required for regex find and replace operations.
- Improved performance of Mark Occurrences, especially when there are lots and lots of marked occurrences.
- Added a property so that, when bracket matching is enabled, you can choose to have both brackets highlighted instead of just the “opposite” one.
- Fix to RTextScrollPane class to facilitate using it in the NetBeans GUI designer.
- Fixed misaligned icons in row header when code folding is enabled.
- Fixed bug: FoldManager incorrectly auto-expanded deeply-nested folds for some edits that did not affect those folds.
- Fixed bug: wrong initial width of line number margin when calling Gutter#setLineNumberingStartIndex(int).
- GoToMemberWindow: Fixed occasional NPE.
- TextEditorPane: Fixed bug: clear undo stack and dirty state when “loading” a new file.
- TextEditorPane: Now automatically scrolls to top of file on load().
- Fixed bug: NPE in DumbCompleteWordAction in some circumstances (whitespace at beginning of file).
- TokenMakerFactory now allows user-defined TokenMakers to be loaded via different ClassLoaders.
- Added template completions. You can now create completions for constructs that have arbitrary structure and take any number of parameters, such as for-loops and other common boilerplate code.
- Fixed memory leak when uninstalling AutoCompletes from text areas.
- JavaLanguageSupport: Much better display of Javadoc links in Javadoc completion popup.
- New (optional) library providing fully functional, localized dialogs for Find and Replace operations in RSyntaxTextArea. Supports searching forward and backward, regex searching, match case, mark all, and replace all. The actual search operations are delegated to the RSTA library’s built-in SearchEngine class.
- More common dialogs will be added to this library in the next release. More information about this in a future blog post!